Professional learning and teacher support have been the primary focus of Wilson Language Training® since 1992.
Wilson is passionate about providing educators with the knowledge and skills they need to help students who may benefit from a systematic, multisensory, structured language approach. Our hands-on professional learning programs are delivered by a nationwide team of expert Literacy Specialists and Trainers.
What are the Benefits of Wilson Professional Learning?
Teachers who participate in Wilson professional learning:
- Become proficient at teaching structured literacy.
- Gain the confidence, skills, and experience necessary to successfully teach reading and spelling. Have the opportunity to become teacher-leaders.
- May become qualified to teach students with dyslexia.
- Learn to teach reading and spelling using a straightforward, experiential learning approach that supports the goals, principles, and recommended practices of implementation science.
- Acquire multisensory teaching strategies and a comprehensive understanding of the structure of the English language.
- Improve the ability to plan and implement a coherent lesson based on the diverse needs of students.
- Learn to teach Wilson programs with fidelity through the guidance of our experts.
- Gain ongoing support for continuous improvement through the online Wilson Academy® Learning Communities, which deliver reference and instructional materials and networking opportunities.
- May receive graduate credit for qualifying coursework.
Teachers may access professional learning opportunities in a variety of ways:
- Workshops: Offered throughout the country and at Wilson Language Training Headquarters in Oxford, MA. Wilson Reading System® (WRS) Certification programs are offered at certification sites across the country; a web-based practicum is available for those individuals not able to access a WRS Certification site.
- Accredited Partners: These experienced providers are authorized to conduct authentic Wilson professional learning for individuals, as well as support school and district implementation.
- Events: Our Wilson Conferences provide the opportunity for WRS certified educators, Wilson Trainers, and administrators to gather and enhance their understanding of key topics in the field. Wilson experts also speak at conferences hosted by others, tradeshows, and literacy events across the country.
Schools and districts are able to build the capacity of their staff to support initial program implementation and sustain implementation with success within a multi-tiered system of supports. Guided by the principles of implementation science, Wilson collaborates with schools and districts to develop a comprehensive plan that guides on-site professional learning and self-sustaining capacity building. One tangible outcome is having an on-site teacher trained to provide instruction and intervention to all students, including the most challenged ones.
Please explore this section to learn about workshops, certifications, and other support available for educators using our programs. With our expert professional learning, your success is our mission!