Process for Graduate Credit
Fitchburg State University (FSU), located in Fitchburg, Massachusetts, offers graduate credit for Wilson Reading System® professional learning.
If you are interested in receiving graduate credit, you should apply directly with FSU upon completion of the course or course part (not at the beginning of professional learning).
Learn more about:
- Available Graduate Credit Courses and Requirements
- Graduate Credit Fees
- Application Deadline
- Application Process
- Grades and Transcripts
- Classroom version: complete attendance requirements and successfully participate in all course components.
- Online version: complete all assessments for the course.
[General Education Classroom (Tier 1) Foundational Skills with Fundations Facilitator Certification Course (Level K, 1, 2, or 3)]
Note: Credit will only be granted for one Level of certification even if multiple Levels are completed.
[Intervention (Tier 2) Foundational Skills with Fundations Facilitator Intervention Certification Course]
[Classroom (Tier 2) Foundational Skills with Just Words Facilitator Certification Course]
*Additional information is available through the online course in the “Graduate Credit Opportunity and Process” lesson.
The Graduate Credit fees, determined by Fitchburg State University, are current as of September 1, 2015. This fee is subject to change. You will be applying directly with FSU, and course fees will be paid directly to FSU. The fee for graduate credit is separate from the cost of taking the course. Reimbursements or withdrawals are not possible with this application process.
Please be aware of the following timeline information if you are planning to apply for FSU graduate credit:
- All course or course part requirements must be completed before applying for graduate credit.
- You have 60 days after completing a course or course part to submit the application for credit form.
- FSU only processes application submissions between the 1st and 15th of each month.
- Therefore, regardless of the actual date on which you complete the course, you must apply for credit during the designated application periods in one of the following two months.
- If your application is submitted after the 60 day application period has elapsed, you will need permission to apply from Wilson Customer Support.
- If you wish to earn credits in a particular semester, keep in mind that credits will be earned for the semester in which the application form is processed. Grade reports and transcripts will reflect the following University course semesters if received within the dates listed:
- Fall Semester (Applications received between September 1st and December 31st)
- Spring Semester (Applications received between January 1st and May 31st)
- Summer Session (Applications received between June 1st and August 31st)
After completing a course or course part, access the pertinent application for credit form from the Fitchburg State University website at http://www.fitchburgstate.edu/offices/student-services/registrar/wilson-language-training-program/.
(If you have previously processed an application form, you may instead access this link: https://web4.fitchburgstate.edu.)
Students can view their grades online through Fitchburg State University’s Student Self Service site. Visit https://web4.fitchburgstate.edu and click “Enter Secure Area.” If you need assistance logging in, please contact the Registrar’s Office at Fitchburg State University at 978.665.4196.
Students who wish to purchase an official transcript can order one online at www.getmytranscript.com, which is the National Student Clearinghouse website.
- About applying for graduate credit? Please email email@example.com or call the FSU Registrar’s Office at 978.665.4196.
- About course requirements? Please contact Wilson Language Training’s Customer Support Center through our Contact page or call 800.899.8454. Our hours of operation are Monday–Friday, 8 am–5 pm ET.