4th Edition - Wilson Reading System
In keeping with our commitment to provide advance notice of new editions, we are very pleased to announce the publication of the Wilson Reading System® (WRS) 4th Edition in January 2018!
The WRS 4th Edition builds on over 30 years of proven success and provides teachers with explicit guidance and resources in word structure, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension.
What’s New & Enhanced in the 4th Edition?
The WRS 4th Edition has been updated extensively. With this new edition, we have ensured that the teacher and student resources now reflect research-based best practices that have been a part of our teacher professional learning courses for many years.
The WRS 4th Edition includes the following revisions—and more!
- Updated Instructor’s Manual
- Block 3 guidance for fluency and comprehension
- Focus on core/academic vocabulary
- Predetermined high frequency words
- Integrated and systematic instruction of phonology, orthography, and morphology including direct teaching of prefixes and Latin & Greek word elements
- New and revised sentences and stories in Student Readers with high frequency, core, and academic word inclusion
- Phrases with high frequency words for dictation
- Minor Scope & Sequence changes, specifically as it relates to morphology
- Enhanced Student Progress Monitoring