WRS Advanced Word Study: Online Course (Steps 7-12)
This online course provides instruction in advanced concepts of decoding and spelling to effectively use multisensory techniques to teach more complicated rules of the English language. The Advanced Word Study course is aligned with the skill-building sequence of Wilson Reading System® (WRS) Steps 7-12, including spelling option procedures, additional suffixes, contractions, and the following syllable types: r-controlled, vowel digraph/diphthong.
Learn more about:
Interested in registering? The current WRS Level II Certification coursework continues to be available in WRS 3rd Edition. Information about WRS 4th Edition enhancements to WRS Level II Certification will be available for the 2019-2020 school year.
Individuals interested in registering for this professional learning offering, should print and submit a completed Registration Form to Wilson Customer Support. We recommend that you review the course information below and contact us if you have any questions.
- Completion of WRS Intensive Instruction: Online Course (Steps 1-6) or WRS Level I Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field
- 55 hours of online coursework
- Must be completed within 15 months
- Complete all online course modules, including videos, activities, and assigned required reading.
- Complete each of the six assessments (Step 7, Step 8, Step 9, Step 10, Step 11, and Step 12) with a grade of 80% or higher.
- Respond to at least 6 threaded discussion topics. Participation in online chats is also encouraged.
Participants will understand course methodology and demonstrate understanding of advanced language structure when instructing individual students using the Wilson Reading System in Steps 7-12.
Three graduate credits (optional) are available through Fitchburg State University, Fitchburg, MA, upon completion of course requirements. Please see Process for Graduate Credit for details.