Fundations® Level 2 Launch Workshop
9:00AM TO 3:30PMadd to calendar
Location: Oxford, MA
Venue: Wilson Language Training
Trainer: Jean DeRosa
Fundations Level 2 Workshop
The Fundations Level 2 Workshop provides the practice and guidance needed to effectively begin teaching the Fundations Level 2 curriculum in a Tier 1 setting.
Upon completion of the course, participants are able to:
- Grasp the background knowledge and understand the research base supporting the why and how of Fundations instruction.
- Identify the skills taught in Fundations Level 2: phonemic awareness; the alphabetic principle; sound mastery; ways to form the key linkages—letter name, formation, and the sound represented by the letter(s); vocabulary; high frequency/trick words; fluency; comprehension strategies; spelling and punctuation.
- Understand the principles of instruction: explicit, sequential, and cumulative instruction that engages multiple learning modalities with multisensory instruction, repetition, and immediate, specific feedback.
- Prepare a daily Level 2 learning plan and practice lesson activity procedures.
- Build a learning-focused classroom by maximizing instructional time, learning lesson activities, using questioning to guide student learning and mastery, and encouraging craftsmanship for optimum outcomes.
One full day (5 hours)