Fundations® Level 2 Workshop
9:00AM TO 3:30PMadd to calendar
Location: Denver, CO
Venue: Embassy Suites Denver Southeast
Trainer: Rise Meyer
The Fundations® Level 2 Workshop provides the practice and guidance needed to effectively begin teaching the Fundations® Level 2 curriculum. At the completion of the workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Have a solid background knowledge and understanding of the research base supporting the why and how of Fundations® instruction.
- Identify the skills taught in Fundations Level 2: phonemic awareness; the alphabetic principle; sound mastery; phonics and word study; vocabulary; high frequency/trick words; fluency; comprehension strategies; spelling and punctuation.
- Understand the principles of instruction: explicit, sequential, and cumulative instruction that engages multiple learning modalities with multisensory instruction, repetition, and immediate, specific feedback.
- Prepare a daily Level 2 learning plan and practice lesson activity procedures.
- Build a learning focused classroom: maximizing instructional time, learning lesson activities, using questioning to guide student learning and mastery, and encouraging craftsmanship for optimum outcomes.
One Full Day (5 hours)