Fundations® Level K Launch Workshop
9:00AM TO 2:00PMadd to calendar
Location: Centennial, CO
Trainer: Jeanne Rutgers
This workshop is offered through a Wilson® Accredited Partner. Wilson® Accredited Partner status affirms that the Partner meets Wilson Language Training standards for excellence in the delivery of Wilson® professional learning and business practices, and has been reviewed by Wilson Language Training. Please direct all communications and inquiries to the Partner organization rather than Wilson Language Training. The Partner organization will have the information you need about program schedules, registration, and enrollment. Read more about Wilson® Accredited Partners
Fundations Level K Workshop
The Fundations Level K Workshop provides the practice and guidance needed to effectively begin teaching the Fundations Level K curriculum in a Tier 1 setting.
Upon completion of the course, participants are able to:
- Grasp the background knowledge and understand the research base supporting the why and how of Fundations instruction.
- Identify the skills taught in Fundations Level K: phonological awareness; phonemic awareness and the alphabetic principle; sound mastery; ways to form the key linkages—letter name, formation, and the sound represented by the letter(s); phonics; vocabulary; high frequency/trick words; fluency; comprehension strategies; manuscript handwriting, spelling, and punctuation.
- Understand the principles of instruction: explicit, sequential, and cumulative instruction that engages multiple learning modalities with multisensory instruction, repetition, and immediate, specific feedback.
- Prepare a daily Level K learning plan and practice lesson activity procedures.
- Build a learning-focused classroom by maximizing instructional time, learning lesson activities, using questioning to guide student learning and mastery, and encouraging craftsmanship for optimum outcomes.
One full day (5 hours)