Location: Yorktown Heights, NY
Trainer: Cheryl Koki
Fundations Level Pre-K Launch Workshop
Fundations Pre-K supports students’ emerging understanding of the alphabetic principles of letter-sound associations and alphabetical order, and the written language skill of manuscript letter formation. The skills taught align with those that the Report of the National Early Literacy Panel (2008) identified as strong and consistent predictors for the later development of literacy skills, strongly support the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework (2015), and follow the same principles of instruction as other Wilson programs: explicit and systematic; interactive, incorporating multisensory instruction and motor memory learning; with ample opportunities for practice and feedback.
The Fundations Pre-K Launch Workshop provides the practice and guidance needed to effectively begin teaching the Fundations Pre-K Activity Set.
Upon completion of the course, participants are able to:
- Understand how the Fundations Pre-K Activity Set supports essential early literacy instruction including the alphabetic principal and transcription skills.
- Determine the activities and implementation schedule for the Fundations Pre-K Activity Set.
- Implement the procedures for the activities.
- Identify and use the teacher and student materials.
- Fundations Level Pre-K Workshop Course Manual (provided)
- Fundations Level Pre-K Activity Set (recommended)
- Wilson Academy® Pre-K Resource Community membership provided after workshop registration
An individual must successfully complete the following requirements:
- Complete workshop and participate in all program activities
- Provide feedback via the course evaluation form
Full Day (4 Instructional Hours)