Trainer: Elizabeth Quinn
Fundations Ready to Rise® Program Workshop
The Fundations Ready to Rise® program is designed to prepare students for success with foundational skills. It is intended to be used with students in the preceding summer or beginning of the school year. With a laser focus to stress the most important skills for success going forward, the content has been purposefully selected and structured to ready students for new learning they will encounter in the upcoming grade. The Ready to Rise Workshop provides the necessary background and guidance for teachers to implement the program. It includes a review of the materials and outlines program implementation, including the structure of the daily lesson plan and program components, Word Study, Transcription Skills, and Application/Fluency. Activities within the three components are reviewed and practiced. Pre- and Posttest Assessments are discussed.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand the program background and need for accelerated learning.
- Identify the teacher and student materials needed for each program component.
- Know the Learning Activities included in the Word Study component and the skills they address.
- Know the Learning Activities included in the Transcription component and the skills they address.
- Know the Learning Activities in the Application & Fluency component and the skills they address.
- Navigate the Teacher Guide.
- Understand how to structure a daily lesson plan.
- Understand that there is a pre- and posttest assessment.
Half-day (3.5 hours, 3 hours instructional content)