Notice for California Residents Applying to Jobs at Wilson Language Training
Last Updated: May 5, 2023
California law requires that we provide this notice and privacy statement (the “Noce”) regarding the collection and use of the personal information of California residents by Wilson Language Training Corporation (“we,” “us,” or “Wilson”). This Noce applies to those individuals who are applicants or candidates for employment with Wilson and who have rights protected under CCPA. These individuals are hereinafter referred to as “you.”
For purposes of this Noce, “personal information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as clarified by the California Privacy Rights Act (the “CCPA”), but excludes information exempted from the CCPA’s scope.
Your Rights and Choices.
Subject to certain limitations, California residents have the following rights:
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected about you. Please note that we may not be able to delete all or some of your personal information if we require it for permitted business purposes or to comply with certain laws.
- Right to Correct. You have the right to request us to correct inaccurate personal information we maintain about you.
- Right to Know and Access. You have the right to know, and the right to request access to: the categories of personal information we collect or have collected about you in the past 12 months, the categories of sources for such personal information, the purpose for our collection, the categories of third pares with whom we have shared your personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Right to Limit Use and Disclosure. We do not sell your personal information. However, we are required by the CCPA to inform you that: (a) you have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information if we ever engage in such activity, and; (b) we have not sold your personal information in the prior twelve months. We do not share your Sensitive Personal Information (as defined by the CCPA) for the purpose of inferring characteristics about you.
- Right to Non-Discriminatory Treatment. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising the rights provided to you under the CCPA.
To exercise any of these rights, please reach out as described in the “Exercising Your Rights” section of this Noce below.
Categories of Personal Information.
We collect, and may have collected in the past twelve (12) months, the following categories of personal information identified in the first column below, and for the business purposes stated in adjacent cell under the “Purpose” column (depending on the nature of your interactions with us):
|Categories of Personal Information We Collect from Job Applicants||Purpose|
|Identifiers e.g., full name, signature, identification details, mailing address, phone number, email, and other contact details.||Recruitment purposes and employment verification purposes, such as to process your application and to communicate with you and/or recruiters or employment/staffing agencies about your job or assignment application and other recruitment opportunities.|
|Internet and other network activity information e.g., your communications with us in our job application platform, your prior application submissions.||Recruitment purposes, such as to process your application and assess your qualifications for the role.|
|Professional, Employment, and Educational Information e.g., employment history, professional licenses attained.||Recruitment purposes, such as to process your application and assess your qualifications for the role.|
|Sensitive Personal Information (as defined by the CCPA) e.g., Government ID||We use your Government ID for identity verification purposes.|
As described earlier in this Noce, we do not share your Sensitive Personal Information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about you.
We may additionally use any or all of your personal information for the following purposes:
- Authentication and support of your access to our job application tools and services;
- Support of the operation of our business, such as for IT and information-security purposes, to analyze usage of our job-application tools, for audit purposes, or in connection with a Government inquiry;
- Benchmarking for internal reporting purposes;
- Communication with you and/or recruiters or staffing firms about your application process.
- Fulfillment of our compliance or legal obligations or as otherwise permitted by applicable laws, policies, and regulations (collectively “Compliance Purposes”);
- Advancing or defend our legal rights, and;
- for the purpose described to you when collecting your personal information.
Sources of Personal Information.
We collect personal information directly from you and from third pares such as employment agencies or service providers.
How we Share Personal Information.
We may disclose your personal information to third pares as follows:
- Service Providers. We have engaged in the prior twelve months, and will continue to engage, certain service providers that we use to perform our business functions. We may share your personal information with these vendors, who are bound by applicable laws and obligations of confidentiality to maintain your personal information in a secure and confidential manner. These vendors may include: recruitment-platform vendors (e.g., ClearCompany, our third-party applicant platform), IT vendors and consultants, professional services consultants, security auditors and other auding companies, and recruiters or staffing firms.
- Government Agencies or Regulators. We may be required by applicable laws, policies, or regulations to provide your information to Government authorities or regulators.
- Merger or Sale. We may disclose your personal information to a buyer or successor in the event of a merger, sale, or other transfer of the ownership or control of Wilson.
Retention of Personal Information.
We will retain your personal information only as long as is reasonably necessary for the operation of our business and to fulfill our Compliance Purposes.
We review this Noce at least annually, and we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace this Noce at any me. When we make any changes, we will alert you by posting an updated version of this Noce on our website and updating the “Last Updated” date above. Changes will become effective when posted.
Exercising Your Rights.
If you have any questions or wish to exercise any rights under CCPA, you can contact us via email at Legal@wilsonlanguage.com, via phone at 508.368.6678, or by U.S. mail at:
Wilson Language Training Corporation
47 Old Webster Road
Oxford, MA 01540
We may need to verify your identity when you contact us. If so, we will request and use additional information solely to the extent required to verify your identity and respond to your inquiry.