Fundations Ready to Rise™
Help your students get “Ready to Rise” to the next level of Fundations®
R2R for Fundations Administrators
Whether implementing a summer program or looking to provide an intensive boost when returning to school in the fall, the Fundations Ready to Rise™ Program is designed to help teachers instruct their rising first and second graders by targeting foundational skills. To prepare students for the next level, this 20-day program focuses on three key skills: decoding, transcription, and fluency.
Foundational Skills for Rising 1st and Rising 2nd Graders
- Students currently in Kindergarten who will be in First Grade during the upcoming SY will be placed in a Fundations Ready to Rise™ Program for Rising First Graders.
- Students currently in First Grade who will be in Second Grade during the upcoming SY will be placed in a Fundations Ready to Rise™ Program for Rising Second Graders.
For both groups, each Fundations Ready to Rise™ lesson is 90 minutes, divided into three components.
Ready to Rise™ helps teachers organize for and accomplish accelerated learning by:
- identifying a small number of key foundational skills essential for the next school year’s success;
- focusing on the mastery of those key skills; and
- assessing students to determine progress toward that mastery
Learn more about how this approach aligns with research-based recommendations in our latest Stories and News article. Also, check out this article by David Steiner and Barbara Wilson on the importance of adopting an acceleration strategy and its key features.
Fundations Ready to Rise™ Program at a Glance
To further support teachers, a virtual, half-day Ready to Rise™ Workshop is also available! It will provide a review of the program schedule and activities as well as an overview of the day-by-day Teacher Guide.
Fundations Ready to Rise™ Materials
A day-by-day Fundations Ready to Rise™ Teacher Guide is available to support educators.
The Teacher Guide is easy to follow and divided into the three components, providing clear directions for 20 days of instruction.
The Fundations Ready to Rise™ Student Practice conveniently includes all practice materials for each student.
If Fundations materials are already on hand,
only the following materials will need to be purchased:
Ready to Rise Teacher Guide and Student Practice consumables.