OXFORD, Mass.– Wilson Language Training (“Wilson”), experts in foundational literacy and dyslexia for reading and spelling success, will launch their paid annual, recurring subscription service to FUN HUB® starting July 1, 2023. The subscription is part of an on-going effort to expand structured literacy resources to school districts and educators, and includes new features: a unit test tracker, enhanced digital manuals with PDF annotation capability, and a robust search experience to help locate resources more efficiently.
The new features support and complement the carefully structured reading, spelling, and handwriting Fundations® curriculum. Fundations utilizes a structured literacy approach grounded in the science of reading to make learning to read fun while laying the groundwork for lifelong literacy. The extensive FUN HUB resources allow K-3 teachers to confidently present the Fundations curriculum to provide effective instructional practices.
“Structured Literacy resources are essential to ensuring teachers explicitly and effectively communicate foundational literacy skills, which are critical to improving learning for children with dyslexia as well as many other struggling students. Our new subscription allows educators to quickly and easily access these vital resources and learning tools to help achieve greater student engagement and success,” said Rishabh Agarwal, VP of Strategic Initiatives at Wilson.
Currently, FUN HUB provides helpful resources such as:
- Fundations InterActivities: An interactive teaching tool with Sound Cards and additional digital materials
- Video Demos of New Concepts: Videos of expert literacy specialists teaching each new learning concept can be sent to students via an easy link (great for supporting absent students and those who are in remote or hybrid settings; also terrific for new teachers learning how to present skills)
- Targeted Practice Support: Videos of targeted lessons for each Unit/Week that can be shared with students and facilitated by support staff
- Guidance and Support for Families: Videos provide an overview of the concepts taught in each Unit and tips to support students at home; can be sent via links
- Digital Manual Access: Access to a copy of the Teacher’s Manual using the redemption code located inside the hard copy manual you own
FUN HUB has been a free online resource since 2020 and will continue to be free until June 30, 2023.
About Wilson Language Training
For the past three decades, Wilson has advanced its vision of “Literacy for All” through multisensory structured literacy programs and professional learning backed by a commitment to the science of reading and implementation. Wilson is an expert in the field of dyslexia and a forerunner in delivering foundational skill instruction for students in K-3 general education classrooms and those beyond elementary grades who struggle to read and spell. The Wilson Reading System® (WRS), Fundations®, and Just Words® programs build a solid foundation for beginning readers and reduce the literacy gap for struggling students, including those with dyslexia. Wilson’s certifications result in Wilson® Dyslexia Practitioner and Therapist credentials, which have been awarded Accreditation Plus by the International Dyslexia Association (IDA). Nearly 300,000 educators have participated in Wilson courses and workshops, and 25,000 have earned WRS Level I Certification.
For more information, visit https://www.wilsonlanguage.com/.