Would you like to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of people through literacy achievement across America? Our company is committed to “Literacy for All” and we have the track record to prove that we DO make a difference! Pair that dedication with the fact that we have an impressive, friendly, and committed staff, along with a competitive benefits package and the opportunity to work on a beautiful campus, and work life couldn’t get much better. Take a moment to view our employment opportunities and learn more about Wilson.
Opportunities at Wilson
This position is responsible for the design and programming of responsive and accessible web applications for Wilson Academy and digital versions of Wilson programs.
- Design and develop user interfaces, presentation layers, front ends in both classic web applications and SPAs
- Be a key player on a small, nimble (and Agile) team
- Mentor other team members in design and front-end pattern best practices
- Help keep the team’s skill level up-to-date for front end technologies and patterns
- Ensure our product continues to evolve with a solid technical foundation
- Support, maintain and troubleshoot front end applications
- Execute clean, reliable, robust, and timely solutions
- Communicate clearly with the dev team and non-technical parties as well
- Contribute to and help maintain style guideline documentation
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity, quality, and a positive attitude.
- Understand and display WLT’s values
- Other duties as assigned
- Solid understanding of CSS architecture principles, tooling, and frameworks, SASS
- Passionate about build great User Experiences (UX)
- An eye for design, experience in education market preferred
- Comfortable with Adobe Photoshop, XD or other similar mockup and prototyping tools
- Experience with popular, modern JS frameworks/ such as JQuery and Vue.JS, transpilers, package managers, bundlers, etc.
- Experience with .NET, .NET Core and TypeScript preferred
- Experience with Web Components, Web Assembly a plus
- Experience with mobile and responsive web application development
- Capability to design accessible, user-friendly and intuitive user interfaces consistent with the Wilson branding
- Ability to produce responsive web sites using modern techniques and best practices
- Proficient with web security best practices, managing identity, and proper validation.
- Creativity along with excellent analytic skills
- Experience and passion for agile technical approaches such as continuous delivery and automated testing
- Good team player with strong communication skills able to articulate high-level concepts
- Providing constructive review and feedback as well as receiving feedback.
- Pragmatic decision maker
- Ability to shift and change as requirements
- Passionate about technology and adept at changing and keeping up with new trends and technologies
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies, familiarity with GIT source control
- A solid understanding of multi-tier architectures for public-facing web applications
- Passion for learning, communicating and adopting the latest industry best practices for web application UI/UX
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
Wilson Language Training is an Equal Opportunity, Drug-Free Employer Committed to Diversity in the Workplace. M/W/D/V
ADP Online Privacy Statement(Click to view)
ADP is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. We receive personal information from our clients about their current, prospective and former employees as well as employee dependents and family members, as needed to provide benefits. This notice explains our practices with regard to all of the personal information we receive from our Employer Services clients as a data processor.
ADP will collect and process your personal information only as instructed or permitted by our client (the employer) or you. ADP will at all times maintain reasonable and appropriate security controls to protect your information.
ADP will disclose all of your personal information to the employer and to other entities when instructed by the employer. We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates and data processors as needed to provide the services that you and the employer have requested. These entities are all contractually bound to limit use of your personal information as needed to perform the services. We will also always disclose Personal Information when required to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, including to law enforcement agencies and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
If you are based outside of the United States, your personal information may be transferred to ADP affiliates and data processers in the United States and elsewhere in the world. ADP will always protect the privacy and security of your personal information, regardless of where it is processed. Personal information transfers from the European Economic Area and other countries with data transfer restrictions will be authorized by approved model contracts, an EU-US Safe Harbor certification, or other appropriate means.
If you have questions about your privacy rights, please contact your employer’s human resources department. If you believe that ADP has not handled your personal information properly, you may also contact ADP’s Privacy Office at Privacy@ADP.com.
Visit http://www.adp.com/privacy.aspx for further information
The above job descriptions are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; they are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for each position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The above job descriptions in no way state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform the job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.