Corporate Website Terms and Conditions
Last updated: August 15, 2023
Please Read the Following Carefully:
The Site is controlled and operated by WLT and is not intended to subject Company to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of the United States. WLT does not represent or warrant that the Site is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction other than the United States. In choosing to access and use the Site, you at your own risk, and you are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations. You are also subject to United States export controls and are responsible for any violations of such controls, including any United States embargoes and other federal rules and regulations restricting exports. We may limit the Site’s availability to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our discretion. Not all products or services described on the Site are available in all states or territories.
1. We Respect Your Privacy
2. Your Use of this Site
Your access to, and use of the Site, Content, and/or Services is at your own risk. WLT has no responsibility for, and disclaims any and all liability relating to, any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or any other damage that results from your access to, or use of, the Site, Content, and/or Services. As a user of the Site, Content, and/or Services, you are solely responsible for any communications you make via the Site and any and all consequences relating thereto, and WLT disclaims any and all liability relating to such communications.
You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users or parties you come into contact with through your use of the Site, Content, and/or Services, including but not limited to the risk of physical harm, of dealing with unknown strangers, foreign nationals, underage individuals, or others acting under false pretenses. You hereby release and agree to hold WLT, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents, harmless from any and all claims, demands, and damages (whether actual and consequential, direct or indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your assumption of such risks.
3. Purchases, Products, Content, and Specifications
All features, content, specifications, products, and prices of products and services described or depicted on this Site are subject to change at any time without notice. Certain weights, measures, and descriptions are approximate and are provided for convenience purposes only. We make all reasonable efforts to accurately display the attributes of our products. The inclusion of any products or services in this Site at a particular time does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time. It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, federal, and international laws (including minimum age requirements) with regard to the possession, use, and sale of any item purchased from this Site. By placing an order, you represent that the products ordered will be used only in a lawful manner. We may limit quantities or refuse any order for any reason or no reason, including if we have reasonable cause to believe an order is for onward sale or resale. We make no promise that products or services available on the Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States.
If you wish to purchase any product or service made available through the Site, you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your transaction, including a valid PO, or your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card, your billing address and your shipping information. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO USE ANY PURCHASE ORDER(S) OR CREDIT CARD(S) USED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY TRANSACTION. By submitting such information, you grant to WLT the right to provide such information to third parties for purposes of facilitating the completion of transactions initiated by you or on your behalf. Verification of information may be required prior to the acknowledgement or completion of any transaction. While it is our practice to confirm orders by e-mail, the receipt of an e-mail order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of an order or our confirmation of an offer to sell a product or service.
Details of the products and services available for purchase are set forth on the Site. Available payment methods, methods of shipping and shipping charges (including charges for expedited shipping, if available) are detailed on the Site. WLT will also collect and remit sales tax on your purchase as required by United States law. If you are a tax-exempt entity, please place your order by phone by calling WLT at 508.368.2399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Generally, credit and debit cards are not charged until we ship the material(s). However, processors may pre-authorize your order amount with your credit or debit card issuer at the time you place the order. For services orders, you will be charged at the time that you place the order.
Risk of loss and title for physical materials purchased through the Site pass to you upon delivery of the products to the carrier. You are responsible for filing any claims with carriers for damaged and/or lost shipments. Please note that all shipping addresses must be compliant with the shipping restrictions contained on the Site.
For information reading our return and replacement policy, please click here.
4. Accuracy of Information
We attempt to ensure that information on this Site is complete, accurate, and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this Site may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy, or currency of any information on this Site. For example, products included on the Site may be unavailable, may have different attributes than those listed, or may actually carry a different price than that stated on the Site. In addition, we may make changes in information about price and availability without notice. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to limit the order quantity on any product or service, and/or to refuse service to any customer. We also may require verification of information prior to the acceptance and/or shipment of any order.
5. Intellectual Property
Wilson Language Training®, FUN HUB®, Wilson®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Wilson Academy®, Wilson Fluency®, Wilson Cursive®, and Just Words® are all trademarks or service marks of Wilson Language Training Corporation. Use of these trademarks and all other service marks, trademarks, and logos of Wilson Language Training Corporation must comply with the Wilson Language Training Corporation Trademark Guidelines as posted on the WLT website here. All other trademarks, product names, and company names and logos appearing are the property of their respective owners.
6. User Contributions
When you post information, comments, text, links, or other materials (“User Contributions”) to the Site, you are granting or warranting that the owner of such User Contributions has expressly granted to WLT a worldwide, fully transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, fully sub-licensable, non-exclusive license to use, copy, modify, display, perform, distribute, and/or create derivative works based on the User Contributions. Data collected or generated in connection with the use of our Digital Products is subject to the Digital Products Terms of Service, linked above, and the Digital Products Privacy Statement, which can be found here.
You represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights, title, and interest (i) in and to the User Contributions, and (ii) to grant the licenses contained herein to WLT.
WLT does not control, nor is it responsible for, the truth, accuracy, completeness, safety, timeliness, quality, appropriateness, legality, or applicability of anything said or written by users, including, without limitation, the User Contributions and any information made available through this Site. You are solely responsible for, and will exercise caution, discretion, common sense, and judgment using the Site and Services in evaluating any statements made by other users and in disclosing personal information to other users. WLT recommends that you do not disclose personal contact information to users.
WLT is incredibly grateful for the enthusiasm of the community for WLT’s products and services. However, at this time, WLT does not accept or consider any unsolicited suggestions for product features or improvements. Please do not share any ideas, prototypes, notes, drawings, or any other ideas or materials. WLT is unable to review or keep any such ideas or materials. If you send WLT this information and WLT ends up having the opportunity to review it, you agree that WLT can freely use such ideas or materials, in whole or in part, for any purpose, and WLT will not have any obligations to you in connection with that usage. If you contact WLT with an expert tip on how to use our existing materials or services, you agree that WLT may attribute that inquiry to you if WLT decides to use that expert tip.
7. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
WLT respects the intellectual property of others and expects users of the Site to do the same. At WLT’s sole discretion and in appropriate circumstances, we may terminate the accounts of users or prevent access to the Site, Content, and/or Services by users who infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide written notice to WLT’s Copyright Agent with the following information:
- A subject line that says “DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice”
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site, that is reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material (please include the URL);
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
WLT’s agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached via email at: email@example.com
It is often difficult to determine if copyright has been infringed. WLT may elect to not respond to DMCA Notices that do not substantially comply with all the foregoing requirements, and WLT may elect to remove allegedly infringing material that comes to its attention via notices that do not substantially comply with DMCA.
Please note that the DMCA provides that any person who knowingly misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
We may send the information that you provide in your notice to the person who provided the allegedly infringing work. That person may elect to send us a DMCA Counter-Notification.
Without limiting WLT’s other rights, WLT may, in appropriate circumstances, terminate an infringer’s access to the Site.
8. Registration and Security
While using our Services you may have the ability to create an account (an “Account”). When submitting information to create the Account, you represent and warrant that all information is complete and accurate. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and agree not to share with anyone at any time. If you believe your password has been compromised, you agree to notify WLT immediately.
You may terminate your Account at any time, for any reason, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. WLT may terminate or suspend your Account at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice or explanation, and without liability.
9. User Conduct Rules
In connection with your use of any of the chat areas, message boards, email or other public communication elements that may be available on this Site, you agree to use this Site for lawful purposes only. You also agree that:
- You will not intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable law or regulation.
- You will not post, upload, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute or publish any User Contribution that is obscene, hateful, abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, libelous, tortious, or otherwise objectionable.
- You will not post, upload, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute or publish any User Contribution that invades or violates any privacy or publicity right.
- You will not use this Site for commercial purposes. You will not post, upload, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute or publish any User Contribution that includes, without limitation, advertisements, promotions, commercial solicitations, or other forms of solicitation of any kind including chain letters and pyramid schemes.
- You will not impersonate, falsely state, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity. For example, you agree not to falsely represent that you are a copyright holder of a work or the agent of a copyright holder.
- You will not post, upload, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute or publish any User Contribution you do not have the right to post, upload, transmit, link to, or distribute under any law, contractual duty, or fiduciary relationship.
- You will not post, upload, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute or publish any User Contribution that infringes a third party’s trademark, patent, trade secret, or copyright or other intellectual or proprietary rights.
- You will not delete, tamper with, or alter any material posted by any other person or entity.
- You will not post, upload, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute or publish any User Contribution that is harmful to (including, but not limited to, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “crashing,” or “mail bombing” the Site) or interferes or attempts to interfere with the access of any user, host, or network, or that may damage the computer or data of any user, host, or network.
- You will not post, upload, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute or publish any file that is harmful (including, but not limited to, viruses, “Worms,” “Trojan Horses,” corrupted files, or any other similar contaminating or destructive software or programs) or interferes or attempts to interfere with the access of any user, host, or network, or that may damage the computer or data of any user, host, or network.
- You will not post, upload, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute or publish any User Contribution that is unlawful or would constitute or encourage a criminal offense.
- You will not access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Site, WLT’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of our providers.
- You will not attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization.
- You will not attempt to access or search the Site with any engine, software, tool, agent, device, or mechanism other than the software and/or search agents provided by this Site or other generally available third party web browsers.
- You will not forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Site to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information in violation of state, national, or foreign law.
- You will not attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
If WLT is notified of allegedly infringing, defamatory, damaging, illegal, or offensive Content provided by User (e.g., through an online chat or discussion), WLT may investigate the allegation and determine in its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of such Content. WLT may disclose any Content or electronic communication of any kind (a) to satisfy any law, regulation, or government request; (b) if such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to operate this Site; or (c) to protect the rights or property of WLT, its Users, or Providers. WLT will comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, as required by law.
WLT reserves the right to prohibit conduct, communication, or Content that it deems in its sole discretion to be harmful to individual users, or any rights of Wilson Language Training Corporation, or any third party, or to violate any applicable law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, WLT cannot ensure prompt removal of questionable Content after online posting. Accordingly, neither WLT, nor its affiliates, nor any of their officers, directors, employees, or agents, nor Providers shall assume liability for any action or inaction with respect to conduct, communication, or Content on this Site.
The Site may contain, or users may include in User Contributions, links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that WLT is not responsible or liable for (i) the availability or accuracy of such sites or resources; or (ii) the content, advertising, or products on, or available from, such sites or resources. The inclusion of any link on the Site does not imply that WLT endorses the linked site. You use the links and these other websites at your own risk, and subject to the terms of service and/or privacy policies, if applicable, for those third-party sites or materials.
WLT will give you any necessary notices by posting them on the Site. You agree to check the Site for notices, and that you will be considered to have received a notice when it is made available by posting on the Site.
14. Support and Service Level
Users are solely responsible for ensuring that they have sufficient and compatible hardware, software, telecommunications equipment, and internet service necessary for use of the Site.
15. The Site is Available “AS-IS”
We will try very hard to make your experience with us helpful. We will make reasonable efforts to provide continuous, uninterrupted, expedient, and error-free service to you. Unfortunately, we cannot always foresee or anticipate technical or other difficulties. These difficulties may result in loss of data, as well as service interruptions. For this reason, and without limiting the foregoing, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE SITE, CONTENT, AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
WLT MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, EXCEPT AS EXPLICITLY STATED, REGARDING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, USER CONTRIBUTIONS, OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SITE OR ITS SERVICES, AND WLT DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RELATING THERETO.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY USER FROM WLT OR THROUGH THE SITE, CONTENT, AND/OR THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN, AND WLT DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RELATING THERETO.
16. Limitation of Liability
NEITHER WLT NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SITE, CONTENT, AND/OR SERVICES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, CONTENT, AND/OR SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT WLT KNOWS OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
18. Controlling Law and Jurisdiction