Wilson Reading System
The Wilson Reading System® (WRS) is the flagship program of Wilson Language Training® and the foundation of all other Wilson programs. WRS is an intensive Tier 3 program for students in grades 2-12 and adults with word-level deficits who are not making sufficient progress through their current intervention; have been unable to learn with other teaching strategies and require multisensory language instruction; or who require more intensive structured literacy instruction due to a language-based learning disability, such as dyslexia.
As a structured literacy program based on phonological-coding research and Orton-Gillingham principles, WRS directly and systematically teaches the structure of the English language. Through the program, students learn fluent decoding and encoding skills to the level of mastery. From the beginning steps of the program, students receive instruction in:
- Phonemic awareness
- Decoding and word study
- Sight word recognition
- Oral expressive language development
Wilson Language Training has an ongoing commitment to high quality implementation and professional learning. Wilson’s certification programs support an in-depth understanding of language structure and mastery of multisensory and diagnostic instructional techniques. As a result, teachers are able to utilize the WRS program with fidelity, thereby accelerating and optimizing students’ reading achievement.
WRS has been endorsed by the Council of Administrators of Special Education. Click here to learn more.
- Wilson Academy/Intensive Learning Community (online)
- Program workshops
- WRS Basic Word Study and Advanced Word Study Online Courses
- Level I and II Certification with practicum observations and implementation seminars
- Sustainability plans
- Hardcover teacher manual with explicit day-by-day learning plans
- Extensive collection of durable and consumable materials to demonstrate and practice concepts